Today’s businesses run on data—and lots of it. However, managing all that information can be tricky, especially with security threats, downtime, and system glitches in the mix. On-premises solutions are prone to such pitfalls, costing companies an untold fortune in revenue and lost productivity. That’s where cloud managed service providers come in.
In a nutshell, cloud managed services is the practice of outsourcing IT management for cloud-based services. These services may include, but are not limited to, centralized network solutions, disaster recovery, virtualization, and around-the-clock security. And they may be performed by professionals certified to support a specific platform—for example, Azure Managed Services Providers, AWS Managed Services Partners, or Google Cloud Partners. But what exactly are the benefits of working with cloud managed service companies, and are they worth making the switch from on-prem?
Wondering how cloud managed services companies can help your business? Let us count the ways.
- They Cut Costs – Outsourcing your cloud services is typically less expensive than relying on in-house IT staff. Why? After making the switch, you no longer have to keep a team of specialized experts on staff. Instead, your cloud managed service company can manage servers, storage, networks, and virtualization for you. And with cloud services, there is little to no hardware to power and maintain, saving you even more money.
- They Have Predictable Pricing – Not only do cloud managed services cost less than on-prem solutions, the pricing model is also more predictable. With cloud services, you get a fixed monthly service plan, customized for your business and budget. This subscription-based pricing also enables you to shift cloud computing from a capital expenses (CapEx) model to an operating expenses (OpEx) model.
- They’re Scalable – With cloud managed service providers, you can scale your resources up or down as needed. No more getting stuck with excess equipment or scrambling to find resources at peak times. This flexibility empowers your business to operate more efficiently and implement rapid changes when necessary.
- They’re Reliable – Cloud managed service companies watch over your network day and night to keep things running smoothly. In fact, many providers guarantee 99% uptime. By maintaining full control of your network, your provider can see problems as they occur and make repairs remotely. This consistent service helps you deliver a better experience to your customers.
- They Have a Team of Experts – With a team of certified engineers, managed service providers are well-versed on the latest breakthroughs, trends, and demands. They can also support the cloud platform of your choice, be it Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, or another.
- They Can Help You Stay Compliant – Adhering to strict security standards like HIPAA and PCI DSS is no easy task. Cloud managed service providers can help you stay compliant by getting to know your business and developing customized solutions.
Thanks to these benefits, and many
others, the cloud managed services market is on the rise. In fact, one recent
report predicts the market will expand from $27.15 billion in 2017 to $53.78
billion by 2022. Will you be part of that growth?